function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
wintamutewintamute 

Bug? Workflow rules in managed package and non-english Org

Hi,

I'm encountering an odd problem and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or hitting a bug.

I have a managed package which includes workflow rules and translations to various languages.

We're using the Trialforce DOT process to create new orgs with that package already installed.

Now if one of these orgs changes the default language to something other than "English" and then upgrades the package, the workflow rules still have entry criteria like 'somefield__c equals "true"' for a checkbox field which is of course not editable because it's a managed package.

However, since the org uses a different language, it seems that it expects the workflow rule to check for the localized value of 'true', i.e. 'wahr' in a German org.

So the workflow rules don't work anymore. And since they cannot be edited, one has to deactivate and clone them, using the correct language.

Any ideas what the issue might be here? I'm at a loss..

Thanks,

Andreas

RajaramRajaram
We have identified the issue and are working on the fix.
wintamutewintamute

Great. Please let me know when it's fixed. Thanks.

rsoesemann@logiclinersoesemann@logicline

Was a bugfix delivered by Salesforce here?

It's may an we are currently experiencing this behavior. We developed in a english org and deployed to a german org. We get the error that a workflow state cannot be 'Not started'.

Please help!

Regards,

Robert