function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
beenerbeener 

Needed: Batch Mail Merge

Hi

I am looking for a tool to help me with a certain mail merge task. I will take Invoices as one example of what I need.

Every week, I need to generate roughly 200 Invoices. each invoice is based on a custom object (Invoice__c) and a child object (Invoice Item). 

At the moment I am using Salesforce with FormFactory, but I am required to click a button every time I generate an Invoice.  consider that each mail merge takes 1-2 minutes, I can easily kiss my day goodbye.

I would like a product that would generate all of these documents at a click. even if it takes some time to generate them. I would hope that attachments are attached to the appropriate object in salesforce, but more importantly, that I can get an email with a single document (I hope PDF), at the very least, one email with multiple documents would help.

FormFactory currently doesn't offer that. I will now review OPROARTS, Drawloop, ninthwavesolutions, santcorp

I would be thankful for any ideas or apps that you may be able to suggest.

Thanks.

Ben 
Message Edited by beener on 02-26-2010 12:38 PM
CG ITCG IT

I feel you:

I have been hoping to build a mail merge page that will allow you to select an object (radio button)  and then merge that list. The only way to do this now is through the enterprise edition using triggers. It is a pretty expensive upgrade for the functionality and is only justified above a certian value... for $60 a month you can pay an intern to click those buttons and teach them invoicing..

keep your fingers crossed. I am finally happy to see "search all" which still does not include a robust product and opportuynity search but one step at a time.