function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DianeMDianeM 

Issue with dashboards in managed package

I have a managed package that is designed to be run on a Platform license.  I install the package in an org and define a user with a platform license.

My sys admin user can see the dashboards but my user with the platform license cannot.  I logged a case with support and we have checked all the permissions and that is fine.  Support is now telling me I have to write some custom code to create the package that says it is ok for someone with a platform license to see the dashboard.  All my other code functions correctly and the user with the platform license can run the reports.  Support has confirmed that all the settings are valid.

I have not seen any documentation indicating that there is a capability to allow me to do this.  Has anyone else run into an issue like this?  

Thanks,

Diane 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
MojoMasterMojoMaster

As per the help documentation, Platform users can only view dashboard which are being run as a user with Platform license. One option is to edit the managed dashboard and run it as an user with platform profile and view all  access. Make sure the profile has access to all the objects which are used in the dashboard. It may not need to be the same profile as other users.

All Answers

A_SmithA_Smith
Sounds a little strange to me.  Can you post your case number?
DianeMDianeM

Thanks Andrew.  The case is  if(!window.sfdcPage){window.sfdcPage = new ApexPage();}UserContext.initialize({"locale":"en_US","timeFormat":"h:mm a","today":"3\/19\/2010 1:06 PM","userPreferences":[{"index":112,"name":"HideInlineEditSplash","value":false},{"index":114,"name":"OverrideTaskSendNotification","value":false},{"index":115,"name":"DefaultTaskSendNotification","value":false},{"index":119,"name":"HideUserLayoutStdFieldInfo","value":false},{"index":116,"name":"HideRPPWarning","value":false},{"index":87,"name":"HideInlineSchedulingSplash","value":false},{"index":88,"name":"HideCRUCNotification","value":false},{"index":89,"name":"HideNewPLESplash","value":false},{"index":90,"name":"HideNewPLEWarnIE6","value":false},{"index":122,"name":"HideOverrideSharingMessage","value":false},{"index":91,"name":"HideProfileILEWarn","value":false},{"index":93,"name":"HideProfileElvVideo","value":false},{"index":97,"name":"ShowPicklistEditSplash","value":true},{"index":92,"name":"HideDataCategorySplash","value":false},{"index":128,"name":"ShowDealView","value":false},{"index":129,"name":"HideDealViewGuidedTour","value":false},{"index":132,"name":"HideKnowledgeFirstTimeSetupMsg","value":false},{"index":104,"name":"DefaultOffEntityPermsMsg","value":false},{"index":133,"name":"HideCSNWelcomeMessage","value":false},{"index":135,"name":"HideNewCsnSplash","value":false},{"index":101,"name":"HideBrowserWarning","value":false}],"startOfWeek":"1","isAccessibleMode":false,"ampm":["AM","PM"],"userId":"00530000001fAsZ","dateTimeFormat":"M\/d\/yyyy h:mm a","dateFormat":"M\/d\/yyyy","uiSkin":"PortalDefault","language":"en_US","siteUrlPrefix":""});03399349.

If I log into the org that has the package installed as the system administrator I can see the dashboards.  When I login as  a user with the platform license but access to everything, I get a message asking me to ask the sys admin to give me access to a dashboard.  I believe I gave the user all the required access.  Not sure what the issue is but any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Diane 

DianeMDianeM

Well not sure what all the extra characters are - the case number is 03399349.

Thanks for checking into this Andrew.

Diane 

MojoMasterMojoMaster

As per the help documentation, Platform users can only view dashboard which are being run as a user with Platform license. One option is to edit the managed dashboard and run it as an user with platform profile and view all  access. Make sure the profile has access to all the objects which are used in the dashboard. It may not need to be the same profile as other users.

This was selected as the best answer
DianeMDianeM

Brilliant!!! thank you so much.  I looked all over the place in the documentation and checked with support and didn't hear about this at all.

But as soon as I changed the running user as you suggested it worked.  Definitely something to keep in mind.

D.