function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Thomas StrohThomas Stroh 

LMA & Tracking by Parameters other than Users

Hello,

We are looking to create a managed package that is NOT licensed per user, but on the number of records within a custom object. And to take that one step further, we would want to filter the number of records with specific parameters.

I have been searching the newsgroup and have been unable to find information regarding this and if this is even possible. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Thomas

A_SmithA_Smith

No way to do this the LMA.  I would really encourage you to investigate the user licensing option and see if you can make that work.

You might be able to build a custom solution where you generate keys for customers and have them enter the keys into their app (your custom VF page).  Then at runtime you check these keys to determine how many records the org can create.  Of course you have no way of disabling these keys except for putting an expiration date on them.  

Thanks,

Thomas StrohThomas Stroh

Andrew,

Thanks for you reply. Unfortunately, our business model does not fit into a per-user model. Let me know if there are any future plans to expand how the LMA can monitor. Not all software fits into a "per user" model.

Regards,

Thomas