function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
alphachinoalphachino 

How To: Single Opportunity Linked to Multiple Accounts -

To get a better understanding what I need done I will briefly explain the sales process for construction business"

Developer plans a new Hotel Project.

General Contractors (GCs)are  bidding for the construction contract.

Roofing Company [myself] send the roofing price to all  GCs bidding for the project.

The GC that is awarded the project is my potential customer.

But to start with I have an opportunity with multiple accounts. Once the bidding is complete only one GC will remain.

How do I accomplish this in Sales force?

THANKS

JCoppedgeJCoppedge

There are a lot of different ways you could implement a solution for this.  It really depends on how you want to access the information.

Probably the simpliest way to do this would be to create an opportunity for the overall contract and then child opportunities for each bid.

Account (hotel) --> Contract Contract (parent opp) --> Bid (child opp, points to parent opp and GC)

This way you can easily clone the parent opp for each bid without a lot of data entry, but you'd still retain historical information for each client and bid.

Feel free to drop me a line if you'd like to discuss.  Cheers,

John

alphachinoalphachino

Thank You John.

I will try what you recommended. 

Will I be able to eliminate the GCs that were not awarded the project and remain to just one?

Thanks

JCoppedgeJCoppedge

I would mark each of the lost opportunities as closed/lost (instead of deleting) and set the awarded contract as closed/won.  This way you keep records of the bidding etc.

You could set a time-based workflow rule to mark those opps as closed/lost after 30 days as well so you don't need to go through by hand and close them all out (Enterprise Edition required).

JCoppedgeJCoppedge

To clarify: the awarded contract would be the closed/won opportunity attached to GC that submitted it.  You can leave the other opportunitites (closed/lost) and GC accounts there - this will help you in the long run as you will be able to see % of won contracts per GC and other such statistics.

Veeru AVeeru A

How did this finally work out..what was the final implementation?