function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lburnslburns 

Calculating Weighted average on Total Cost field

Hi...There's a standard expected revenue field already showing the weighted average based on another standard 'amount' field, but I need that to reflect on another custom field we call, 'total cost'. 

I know I can create a new custom exp. revenue field, but what is the formula to do this?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Steve :-/Steve :-/

If you're looking to recreate the standard Expected Revenue formula field for your custom field then you just need to create a new Formula(Currency) field with this formula:

TotalCost * Probability

All Answers

If you're looking to recreate the standard Expected Revenue formula field for your custom field then you just need to create a new Formula(Currency) field with this formula:

TotalCost * Probability

This was selected as the best answer
lburnslburns

Got it..thank you!

Can I ask you one other question?  Is there a rule that will show any deal in stages 1 - 5 (for example) that were moved to stages 7, 8,  or 9 during a specified time frame..i.e. within the week?  Using modified date, I assume.

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking for?  Are you looking for a workflow rule?  or a validation formula?  or a custom formula field that you can run reports on?
Sales CollateralSales Collateral
Hi Steve, I just tried this and did Total_Estimated_Fees__c*Probability but it didn't work. Can you help please? Cheers, Nicola