function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SaltinSaltin 

Change Case Status on incoming email

Hi,

I am looking for some guidance on how to change the status of a case to "updated by customer" when the customer sends an email reply to case. This rule cannot fire on the intial email the customer sends to create the case. I'm having difficulty figuring out which criteria I should use in this formula.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Amber NeillAmber Neill

Here's the criteria for our rule:

(Email Message: Is Incoming equals True) and ((Email Message: Subject contains :ref) or (Email Message: Subject contains ref:) or (Email Message: Text Body contains :ref) or (Email Message: Text Body contains ref:))

The "ref:" is the non-unique part of the code that Salesforce attaches to emails going out of cases.  You can configure that by going to Setup | Customize | Cases | Email-to-Case.  Then, choose Email Subject and/or Email Body from the When sending email from a case, insert Thread ID in the following sections: Section.

I hope this helps!

Amber

All Answers

Amber NeillAmber Neill

Here's the criteria for our rule:

(Email Message: Is Incoming equals True) and ((Email Message: Subject contains :ref) or (Email Message: Subject contains ref:) or (Email Message: Text Body contains :ref) or (Email Message: Text Body contains ref:))

The "ref:" is the non-unique part of the code that Salesforce attaches to emails going out of cases.  You can configure that by going to Setup | Customize | Cases | Email-to-Case.  Then, choose Email Subject and/or Email Body from the When sending email from a case, insert Thread ID in the following sections: Section.

I hope this helps!

Amber

This was selected as the best answer
SaltinSaltin

Thanks Amber, that did the trick!

Swati TaunkSwati Taunk

Great Solution!!! But this wont work if someone will change the subject or body while replying or forwarding the email.