function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MartinHMartinH 

How to Filter a Lookup Field Based on Record Type

I've created a lookup field on the Case object called Current Owner.  While similar to attaching an Owner or Contact to the case, I want this field to pull from a custom object called Current Owner that is a pre-set list of users/owners that I want to choose from within the Current Owner case field.  However, I want the list to be filtered based on the Case record type that I'm creating.

For instance, by custom Current Owner object has Type and Name as the fields.  The Types are: Engineering and Testing.  The Record Types for my Cases are Engineering and Testing.  What I want to have happen is if I select Record Type Engineering when creating a Case, I want my Current Owner lookup to only select Names in the Current Owner custom object where Type = Engineering.

How can this be done? Thanks in advance.

slefever123slefever123
I am interested as well
msglsmomsglsmo
I, too, would be interested in finding a solution to this problem.
FatimaFatima

Hi dear,

have a look at www.sarwari.org

Easy lookup filter between lookup relationships.

No matter if standard or custom fields.

cheers

Anoop JohnyAnoop Johny
Any one have an answer for this ? I am looking for a solution for a similar requirement
Ludovica OrsiLudovica Orsi
Hello,
If I've understood well, in this case I can add these conditions to the lookup field on the Case object called Current Owner:

Record Type equals Value: Case Record Type's ID   AND  Current owner Record Type equals Value: Current owner Record type's ID                     OR (Between these parentheses, repeat the AND conditions for the second record type) .

I hope this can help!