function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Keith654Keith654 

Distinguishing between "Trial" and "Active" users

I have been asked to turn a link off when a trial user is accessing our package. (We are using Trialforce and the LMA.) I see the method:

UserInfo.isCurrentUserLicensed('namespace')

but am looking for confirmation that it returns false for "Trial" users and true when the trial is converted to "Active" via the LMA.

Thanks,

Keith

aalbertaalbert

This is currently not possible. Please post it on the IdeasExchange and paste the idea url to this thread for others to reference. I've heard this requirement from other ISVs that need to differentiate between trial and active status.

mdavis.ax765mdavis.ax765

Keith -

Is the end goal of your ask reporting? If so, what we did to workaround this was set the master org's LMA to expire on a random date way out into the future. This is OK because the trial org allocated by SFDC will expire in 30 days anyway. Not pretty, but effective.

-Mike D

Xactly Corp

Keith654Keith654

Mike,

The goal is to hide some information and features that may be commercially sensitive so that a competitor who has obtained a "Trial" does not see them but real paying (and vetted) customers do when they convert to "Active".

Perhaps you could expand the description of your workaround if you think it addresses this? I'm not too clear about how it helps.

Thanks,

Keith