function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jhartjhart 

AppExchange Trial orgs have wrong home page layout (b/c of chatter features)

AppExchange Trial orgs have wrong home page layout (b/c of chatter features)

One of our applications, Absolute Automation, has Trialforce enabled and we are in the process of enabling the new "Trials on the AppExchange" feature.

This particular app doesn't use Chatter, so our "Trialforce Master Org" had chatter turned off.  In the security review process of AppExchange Trials, I created a new trial org from the TMO.  In this org, I noticed that Chatter was turned on.

This messes with our home page layout, so the "intro screen" we've crafted for new users doesn't look right.  To try to fix this, I went back to the TMO, enabled chatter, and then clicked the "Don't show this again" and "Hide Chatter" buttons so our home page "intro screen" looked right.

I then restarted the security review & created a new trial org from the new TMO export ... however the Chatter
features are once again taking up all the space on my home page.  As a result, trial users never really see the our intro screen because it's pushed off the page.

Here's what our homepage should look like (screenshot from our TMO immediately prior to DOT export):

TMO home page

And here's what it looks like in the trial org, regardless of the settings in my TMO:

trial org homepage

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
mdavis.ax765mdavis.ax765

J

We had a similar issue (though our app is chatterized) where when they logged into the home page a bunch of chatter messages about "new" optys being created clogged up the usable space above the fold. I would recommend making the default landing page of your trial a page other than Home. We created a new custom page that is the default.

-Mike D

Xactly Corp

All Answers

mdavis.ax765mdavis.ax765

J

We had a similar issue (though our app is chatterized) where when they logged into the home page a bunch of chatter messages about "new" optys being created clogged up the usable space above the fold. I would recommend making the default landing page of your trial a page other than Home. We created a new custom page that is the default.

-Mike D

Xactly Corp

This was selected as the best answer
jhartjhart

Thanks Mike, that's the right approach.  We did the custom home page for this org a couple years ago (for regular Trialforce), so I hadn't thought much about other options.  We had to do some javascript hackery to make our home page widget show up large anyway, so it's probably time to move to a Visualforce page for this purpose.