function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Keith654Keith654 

"Salesforce Platform" profiles not being presented during package installation

Thanks to feedback on "Salesforce" or "Salesforce Platform" for profiles in a Trialforce app? I have changed the profiles in my managed package to be based on the "Salesforce Platform" User License.

However, when I now use the normal package installation process the profiles in my package are no longer presented in the package installer's "Step 2. Choose security level" whether the org's profiles are based on "Salesforce" or "Salesforce Platform". The only options offered are "No Access" and "Full Access". When my profiles were based on "Salesforce" the profile settings in my package were included in the Access Level drop-downs. My profiles have detailed settings that I need to carry into the org's profiles for the correct configuration of the app.

I note that the user under which I am doing the installation belongs to the profile "System Administrator" that is associated with the "Salesforce" license and wonder if this is the cause of the problem.

Any insight into or better still solutions to this problem appreciated,

Keith

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Keith654Keith654

This was "operator error". To change the user license in the profiles I had to re-create the profiles and had failed to re-add them to the package. Duh. Sorry for the noise.

Keith

All Answers

Keith654Keith654

This was "operator error". To change the user license in the profiles I had to re-create the profiles and had failed to re-add them to the package. Duh. Sorry for the noise.

Keith

This was selected as the best answer
chesschess

Keith

I faced a similar issue as yours but in my case, i added the custom profile settings. When I installed the package, i was able to pick my profile to associate to the standard profile but the profile itself is not visible in manage users->profiles section. is it expected to be visible and is it visible in your case.

Keith987Keith987

It is "profile settings" that are packaged and these settings can be added to any pre-existing profile in the org. I think this approach is taken because as soon as you have two or more apps with one community of users (and noting that at present a user can only be associated with one profile) the settings from the multiple apps need to be merged into one set of profiles.

So your installation instructions need to say that either your profiles be pre-created or that existing appropriate profiles need to be selected at installation time for your apps profile settings to be merged into.

chesschess

Thanks for clarifying. That answers my question. I was associating it to 'Salesforce Platform' and since standard profiles are not allowed to be changed, i didnt see the changes. The key point which clarified for me was that the customer installing the package needs to pre-create a profile before installing the package because the 'profile settings' cannot be copied to a standard profile.

nagalakshminagalakshmi

Hi keith,

While i am creating package system administrator profile is missing. Is there any possibility to show the system adminstrator profile while creating package.

Thanks