function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DSLDSL 

Missing Dashboard Feature - but it really is provisioned

We have a customer trying to install our managed package (aloha app). They have a group edition, but our app should be able to run in GE/PE because of the aloha flags. We have a dashboard in the app, and the user is getting this error on install:

Package install error
There are problems that prevent this package from being installed.

Missing feature Dashboards      Installing this package requires the following feature and its associated permissions: Dashboards

But they do have the dashboards enabled in their org. Does anyone know where to look for this or is there any way to remove the dashboard from our managed package? I could not see an option to remove under the create->packages setup.

Thanks!

DSL

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
A_SmithA_Smith

Reports should be fine.  Try emptying your recycle bin and then deleting the folder.

There are actually over 22 components you can delete in a package.  See page 7 of this guide for a complete list:

https://na1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_packaging_guide.pdf

GE customers have a few sample dashboard provided by salesforce.  They cannot create their own.  

All Answers

A_SmithA_Smith

Dashboards cannot be created in group edition.  Aloha doesn't include the ability to install dashboards into group.

You can remove the dashboard from your package by deleting it in the dev org.  Then re-upload the app.  

DSLDSL

Thank you Andrew,

It's hard to believe there is actually something that can be deleted even if it's in a managed packag! I wish more obsolete items could be removed like that. The dashboard was easy to remove, but the dashboard folder is still there.

FYI, the customer says they have dashboards enabled in GE so maybe they paid for it? They were surprised by the error message as well because they have the dashboard feature in some form.

For the life of me I can't see how to remove the folder, which means it's still in the package. Will that cause an issue with GE? What about reports? Can the GE have reports?

Thanks!

DSL

A_SmithA_Smith

Reports should be fine.  Try emptying your recycle bin and then deleting the folder.

There are actually over 22 components you can delete in a package.  See page 7 of this guide for a complete list:

https://na1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_packaging_guide.pdf

GE customers have a few sample dashboard provided by salesforce.  They cannot create their own.  

This was selected as the best answer
DSLDSL

That did the trick. Thank you Andrew!