function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MatKwok.ax855MatKwok.ax855 

Installing a package - custom settings

Hi,

We recently uploaded a beta version of our managed package. I was able to install it on another account, however when we installed it the custom settings that are part of the package were not installed.

I double checked to make sure that the custom setting is part of my package on my developer account, but when I look under "View Installed Packages" on my test account, the custom setting doesn't show as a package component.

My explanation may be a little confusing, please ask me specific questions if you think it would help me find the solution.

Thank you.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
A_SmithA_Smith

There are two types of custom settings.  One that your subscriber can see and another that is not visible to them, but is still accessible by the code in your application.  I suspect you are using the latter case.  Check the visibility setting on the custom setting definition.  

All Answers

A_SmithA_Smith

There are two types of custom settings.  One that your subscriber can see and another that is not visible to them, but is still accessible by the code in your application.  I suspect you are using the latter case.  Check the visibility setting on the custom setting definition.  

This was selected as the best answer
MatKwok.ax855MatKwok.ax855

Ah thanks, I see now. I'll try it out and let you know if it works, but I suspect that is the issue.