function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ManjeetManjeet 

How to Start with APO

Hi All ,

How do We get production org to use as APO for our app listing on Appexchange? We have developed the app using Partner Develor Edition and have managed package in DE org. Now I want a different org for publishing and license management  purpose.

thanks in advance...........

Manjeet

aalbertaalbert

There are two things in play here: APO (Appexchange Publishing Organization) and LMO (the org where you install/configure the license management application).

APO - If you have just one application, you can just login to the appexchange with your DE org credentials. That is often the easiest. You do not need to provision a different org. 

LMO - This is the org where you install LMA (license management application). If you are already a customer of salesforce.com, you can install it into your existing production instance. If you are not , as an ISV Partner, you can request 2 free CRM licenses. More details here: http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/CRM_for_ISV_Partners. 

ManjeetManjeet

Hi aalbert,

We have developed our app on DE org1. I got a second DE org2 credentials from partner portal and i am using this as APO and i have installed LMA too in this org. I have linked org1 to APO org and got the the desired package from org1.

We want to list multiple apps on AppExchange. I was not aware about 2 free CRM license.

Now i want to make sure that i am on right track. please let me know can i proceed with the above mentioned scenario.

Thanks

Manjeet

aalbertaalbert

The DE orgs are fine to develop the applications and create the managed packages. That is proper. You can also use one of those DE orgs as the APO. No issue.  But you do not want to install LMA into a DE org. I recommend logging the case in the partner portal to request your 2 free CRM licenses in a seperate Enterprise Edition environment.  Instructions here: http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/CRM_for_ISV_Partners

ManjeetManjeet

many thanks aalbert,

I have logged a case in partner portal for 2 free CRM license. thanks again ..

ManjeetManjeet

Hi,

I got login info of isvedition org. Should I use this as APO and publish our app through this org?

The mail that contain login credentials also contain the text given below :

Note: The ISV Edition is temporarily in 30-day-trial status but will be fully activated within 48 business hours. It should not stop you from using it now.

what does it mean?

One more ques. How  I can remove the linked org from my APO?

many thanks

Manjeet

RyanEllisRyanEllis

Hi Manjeet,

We recommend that you use the CRM for ISVs org that you recently received from Support as both the AppExchange Publishing Organization (APO) for all your listings and as the License Management Organzation (LMO) for each of your apps. If you have not yet publicly published any of your app listings, you can change your APO by doing the following:

1) Go to https://sites.secure.force.com/appexchange/publisherDetail?tab=yo

2) Login using credentials for whatever org is your current APO. Sounds like this is one of your Developer Edition orgs.

3) Click the Change My AppExchange Publishing Organization link.

4) Enter your login credentials for your new CRM for ISVs org and submit.

This will automatically move everything that was linked under your previous APO to your new APO. This includes your listings, your packages and your linked orgs. If you now logout and login again using your CRM for ISV org credentials, you will be able to access and edit all of your listings and packages from one place.

If you have any public app listings already, you will have to file a ticket with support via the Partner Portal for them to assist you with this transition.

Regarding your question about the temporary 30-day trial status, this happens because our sales operation team must manually provision the 2 free licenses that you are to receive. This should not affect your usage of this org in any way and your licenses should soon be provisioned if they have not been already.

ManjeetManjeet

Hi Ryan,

I had attached our partnership  with DE org. When i click on Change APO from this DE org and provide our ISV edition org credentials. I think our partnership attached with DE org will not be moved to ISv edition org  untill I  attach partnership to ISV edition, but at one time partnership can be attached ot one org. I logged a case regarding partnership deattachment in partner portal.

please help on the issue.

manjeet

RyanEllisRyanEllis

Hi Manjeet,

Partner support should be able to help you with that shortly. You've already taken the right steps in logging the case.