function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SwkannanSwkannan 

Lead and License Relationship in License Management Application

Hello

We have a managed package linked to our LMA. I am trying to set up workflows on the license object to send e-mail alerts to our leads.

I am not able to access the fields in the lead object when I try to apply rules on the License object. When I looked at the ER diagram License has a lookup relationship with the Lead object and I am wondering why I am not able to access the fields.

Can someone let me know if you have tried something similar and how I can get around this??

Thank you

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
A_SmithA_Smith

I think you'll have to build a formula field on the license object to pull in fields from the lead record that you want to use in workflow.  Not ideal, but should do the trick.

All Answers

A_SmithA_Smith

I think you'll have to build a formula field on the license object to pull in fields from the lead record that you want to use in workflow.  Not ideal, but should do the trick.

This was selected as the best answer
SwkannanSwkannan

Hi Andrew

Thank you for getting back to me.

Do you think it is ok to add custom fields on the License object?

I read that it is not best practice and that is the reason we din't think about that option.

But what you suggested will definitely help us implement what we were trying to do!

Thanks

A_SmithA_Smith

As long as they aren't required fields, then I think that should be fine.

SwkannanSwkannan

Thats good to know.

Thank you very much!