function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mhughes916mhughes916 

User Validation

This is the first time I have played with Salesforce.  I am trying to figure out are there any resources/previous threads discussing owner relationships.  I am trying to have an owner field default always to one specific value no matter what.  

I apologize for my lack of knowledge but this is my first time scripting/playing with Salesforce. 

S_LieS_Lie
hi can you explain more bout the thing that you are trying to achieve ?
mhughes916mhughes916

Definitely,

I made a custom object for IT Requests for our company.  We always want the IT request to go to a certain owner.  I have the default 'lookup field' for item owner included.  Right now it is a lookup list that includes all our employees.  I want it editable so that the user could be changed if need be, but by default I want it to always populate with the Engineering/IT Manager until such time as it is delegated to a subordinate. 

S_LieS_Lie

Then its not posibble. coz owner in the standard salesforce field always refer to user who created the record.

My suggestion is you create custom fields ( picklist -> user ), then just modified it in the workflow rules and field updates or visualforce and apex class.

It should works!

cheers,