function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sf11sf11 

Time trigger still sends email

I am new to time trigger and have a question.

I created a custom object approval process which requires records to be submitted for approval within 48 hours from the record create date.

To implement this

1-   I created a workflow rule ( when a record created/edited...) to check the custom status field of the record . The workflow rule checks (status__c <>"Approved" OR status__c<>"Submitted"). This rule will always be true for a newly created record which is not submitted. The status__c field gets updated to "Submitted" if record is submitted for approval through a field update.

2- I added a time trigger to this workflow to send an warning email after 24 hours to the record owner to remind him/her to submit the record for approval. 

The Issue is ----- Even after a record is submitted for approval in let's say next 2 hours after creation, the time trigger still sends email after 24 hours. The rule is true at the time of first save but becomes false when status__c is changed to submitted.

How do I suppress the email alert which is queued to go out after 24 hour  when no rule is no longer applicable?

RobBirdRobBird
Hello. Can you post your workflow rule so I can see how it looks?
NNRNNR
http://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000187156&language=en_US