function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
virago81virago81 

Apex Code Enabled in Summer 07 Sandbox

Our org just had its Sandbox upgraded but when I go to Apex Code there is no "New" button.   The "Help About This Page" link takes me to a page that says that there should be a "New" button which will allow me to create Apex code. 

What is the 'official' version of how to create Apex Code in the Summer 07 Sandbox?

Thanks.
TehNrdTehNrd
Setup > Manage Users > Profiles > Select your profile / admin profile > Edit > Check Author Apex box
virago81virago81
TechNrd,
Thanks, but there's a problem.  The System Administrator Profile has all of the administrative permissions greyed out (even in 'Edit' mode), so the Author Apex permission can't be set or unset.

Does this mean that the only way to allow someone to author Apex is to create a custom profile?
TehNrdTehNrd
I was able to edit it for any profle. What is your profile? Perhaps to need permissions to edit the Administratitive settings. I'm not too sure.
TehNrdTehNrd
Sorry, the System Administrator profile is a SF default and some settings can't be changed. Edit whatever profile you are setup as and you should be able to change it.
virago81virago81
Thanks.  My profile was System Administrator, so I just cloned that Profile named the clone 'Apex Developer' and I was able to set the 'Author Apex' attribute in the clone.  That'll work.

Thanks again.