function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
m_roarkm_roark 

Unable to use Eclipse plug-in to create APEX code

I installed Eclipse and the SalesForce plug-in earlier this year and now use it as my primary environment for creating S-Controls.  Now that the APEX Code is live in our production environment, I would like to use this platform for creating custom APEX code.  I have the most recent version of this tool available (8.0.2002), and the page which demonstrates the Apex Toolkit indicates that this should be possible.

However, I find that I cannot create any custom APEX code modules.  After selecting 'Apex Trigger' or 'Apex Package' in the 'New' dialog, I recieve this message: 'Sorry, Apex Triggers are not enabled for you.'

I looked at my configuration for the APEX projects I have enabled, and they are set to a SOAP endpoint of 'https://<instance>.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/8.0'.  I have tried changing this to a SOAP endpoint of 'https://<instance>.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/10.0', but then encounter the following error message:

"Unexpected element. Parser was expecting element 'urn: partner.soap.sforce
.com: passwordExpired' but found 'urn: partner.soap.sforce.com:metadataServerUrl'"

Has anyone else encountered this issue?  If so, have you found a workaround I can use to enable this functionality?
Ron HessRon Hess
Eclipse Toolkit is getting revised for Summer 07 release, a new toolkit is scheduled to be available 8/15

until then, you can not use Eclipse to edit 10.0 Apex code.
m_roarkm_roark
I managed to correct a part of this issue by recreating the projects using the default settings for the project SOAP endpoint.  However, I now find that while I can copy APEX classes from my Sandbox to Production environment, I am unable to do the same with Triggers. 

I can create new Triggers and Classes in Sandbox, and new Classes in my Production class (under the 'Packages' folder), but I cannot create or copy Triggers.  Is anyone aware of a workaround for this issue, or am I relegated to using the Apache Ant Tool for deploying triggers?
m_roarkm_roark
Ron,

Thanks for the reply.  I guess I will have to wait until 8/15 then to be able to deploy my code, as I also encounter the "Unexpected element. Parser was expecting element 'urn: partner.soap.sforce
.com: passwordExpired' but found 'urn: partner.soap.sforce.com:metadataServerUrl'" error message when I use the Apex Deployment Tool Apache Ant plug-in to attempt to deploy my APEX code. 

Do you know if there is a new version of the Apex Deployment Tool  Apache Ant plug-in being delivered soon which will also allow the upload of APEX 10.0 code?
SuperfellSuperfell
We're planning an update to the ant tool ASAP.
BCdeveloperBCdeveloper
I spent a good hour trying to figure which version of Eclipse to install, only to install 3.3 which apparently is not supported. I think the installation steps need to be more clear, because they simply point to the Eclipse downloads section, of which all contain v3.3.... Anyone agree with my concerns?
MVJMVJ
Has the updated for eclipse been released yet?  Searched for updates in Eclipse and none were found?
dkadordkador
Yes, the update has been released.  Please try the new version (linked here).

The install instructions say to use 3.2.2.