function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sunay - KVP Bus SolnsSunay - KVP Bus Solns 

How to Remove a component from the Managed package which is released

Hi,

We have a managed packaged which has been made as released version and privately listed in the appexchange for the security review. Now we want to add some components and also remove some components from the package, but we are unable to do that. We are not finding the right steps to manage the package.

Also we have a patch organization where it allows to edit the existing components but will not allow to add the components. Can anybody let me know how to overcome these difficulties?

Regards,

Sunay

aalbertaalbert

You won't be able to delete components once they are packaged in a managed-release package. 

You can't add or remove any components in a patch version either. You can only update existing components in a patch. 

If you want to add new components (ie new visualforce page, new apex class, ect), you can create a new major version of your managed package. 

Sunay - KVP Bus SolnsSunay - KVP Bus Solns

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!!

But I am facing a issue now while testing the package. I have successfully uploaded the package and installed in a Enterprise Edition, but when I tried to view a visual force page I get the below error 

"SObject row was retrieved via SOQL without querying the requested field: GD2012__Guest_Profile__c.GD2012__Parent_Guest_Profile__r"

I am not able to figure out where the SOQL query is running since it is a visualforce page. Can anybody help on the same.

Regards,

Sunay

aalbertaalbert

Is that Visualforce page using a custom controller or controller extension? If so, check the associated apex class that is likely executing the SOQL query.