function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Devendra@SFDCDevendra@SFDC 

Label changes In Managed Package New Version

Hello Board,

I have created one managed package application.

It is going to get installed in subscribers org. In subscriber org, we are going to change label of few fields using Translation Workbench Override Option.

My concern is, What is going to happen with those label fields when some time later subscriber opts for new version of that application.

Does label changes are going to still remain for that app or do we required to make those label changes once again?

Thanks,

Devendra

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
aalbertaalbert

The update of a translation or label in a new version of managed package will not override the customer's changes. The managed translations/labels contain a default but the subscriber can override that. Upgrades will update the master translation default you setup as the ISV but won't impact any overrides the end customer has done. 

All Answers

aalbertaalbert

The update of a translation or label in a new version of managed package will not override the customer's changes. The managed translations/labels contain a default but the subscriber can override that. Upgrades will update the master translation default you setup as the ISV but won't impact any overrides the end customer has done. 

This was selected as the best answer
Devendra@SFDCDevendra@SFDC

Thanks aalbert,

I was looking for the same. I dont want New Version of App should override label changes made by subscriber (Using Transalation Workbench ) after their first installation of the same app.

Those changes should remain intact.

Thank you once again.

Thanks,

Devendra