function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Devendra@SFDCDevendra@SFDC 

Managed Package Revisions

Hello Board,

We have created a managed package application.

This application has passed security review.

Currently there is no subscriber for this app.

We have added extra functionality into this app. Created new classes, VF pages. Added new fields to etc. Subscibers are looking for this new functionality.

So my question is Do we need to create another managed package (add new functionality into this package)and get the review done for this new package. So that Subscriber get this new functionality instead of old one.

What is the way to go in this case? I think creating new class, new page, adding new fields are major changes. that could not be passed through patch update. Please correct me if i am wrong and let me know the process to do it.

Thanks,
Devendra

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
aalbertaalbert

To add components (pages, classes, fields, objects, ect), you will create a new version of your existing managed package. 

Each release of your managed package does not require a full security review. Please read the FAQ on this topic here.

Currently, if you release a new "Major" version of your package, the Administrator of each of your customer's must initiate the upgrade. You can automate the push of a "Patch" version to all of your subscriber orgs but a Patch currently is defined as updating existing components. You can't add new components (no new classes, new fields, new objects, ect) to a Patch. 

All Answers

aalbertaalbert

To add components (pages, classes, fields, objects, ect), you will create a new version of your existing managed package. 

Each release of your managed package does not require a full security review. Please read the FAQ on this topic here.

Currently, if you release a new "Major" version of your package, the Administrator of each of your customer's must initiate the upgrade. You can automate the push of a "Patch" version to all of your subscriber orgs but a Patch currently is defined as updating existing components. You can't add new components (no new classes, new fields, new objects, ect) to a Patch. 

This was selected as the best answer

Thanks aalbert,

" You can't add new components (no new classes, new fields, new objects, ect) to a Patch. " => In ourcase, we have added new fields, classes, pages etc. after reviewing first version of managed package.

So we will have to create next version of application and "Start Review".

One of the question from FAQ says :

When I create a new managed package (effectively an upgrade of my first application), will I need to pay the fee again to have it security reviewed?
A: No. If you develop a new version in an already approved package, once you click "start review" on the new version, it will be automatically approved and you can associate the new version to your listing.

Our app is already approved. So We dont have pay fee once again. But after creating next version we need to "Start Review" of new version. Get Reviewed this new version. Make public listing of this new version. So we can allow subscriber to start with this new listing.

Please correct me, if i am wrong.

Thanks,

Devendra

aalbertaalbert

Your public listing shoudn't require you to go through a full security review if you are simply associating a new version of your managed package to a public listing. You just need to edit the package version associated with your appexchange listing. 

Ohh cool, thats great.

So, Just we need to create new version of managed package and associate it with appExchange listing.

Thanks,

Devendra