function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jordan@BracketLabsJordan@BracketLabs 

Managed Package Patch Modification Exception

I am recieving an error when I use the ant deployUnpackaged to move new code from my local codebase into a managed-package instance.

I am adding two new fields, and only recieve the error when I include the '.object' meta for those objects.

I tried manually creating the fields in the org, and than rerunning the deploy without the .object files and with them, and in both cases, if I include the metadata, I recieve the error message:

Managed Package Patch Modification Exception: A change was made to the patch release that will change the visible behavior of the application: Component can't be created because it will be automatically included in the package

If i don't include the '.object' files in my source or 'package.xml' I don't get the message, but I'm still recieving 'no reference' found messages.

When I included one of the new objects in a managed beta (and in the package source) the reference error went away.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
aalbertaalbert

Hi Jordan,

Are you adding those fields in a Patch org? If so, I wonder if you are getting an error since you can't add fields in a patch version? 

Andrew

All Answers

aalbertaalbert

Hi Jordan,

Are you adding those fields in a Patch org? If so, I wonder if you are getting an error since you can't add fields in a patch version? 

Andrew

This was selected as the best answer
Jordan@BracketLabsJordan@BracketLabs

I had pointed my ANT build process to a patch org ...