function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Latha_SalesforceLatha_Salesforce 

Need suggestion to learn Salesforce

Hi,

I'm working as a Software Test Engineer. I want to learn Salesforce. Please suggest me which module is good for tester. I do not have development experiece. 

I heard from my friends that the Salesfoce is useful for .Net developers. Please suggest me.

Regards,

Latha.

bryan.revelant1.36905330021774bryan.revelant1.36905330021774
Good luck... There is not much information out there. There are maybe 300 developers world wide. My suggestion would be to take Steve Wasula class. This is very basic class that would give you the information to use saleforce and the basic components of the declarative language
ForcepowerForcepower

Hi Latha,

Even though you're trying to look at this from a testing perspective, it wouldn't hurt to understand some of the underlying technology so that you have some idea of what is "under the hood" of what you are testing. So I'd suggest signing up for a free developer edition and trying out various things. Try simple things like:

1. Creating views on standard objects like Accounts / Contacts etc. You can play with filters, visibility etc.

2. Try playing with reports. Run some of the existing reports to see how they work.

3. Try defining a very simple custom object.

4. Try creating a tab for a custom object.

5. Create some new records on Accounts or Contacts or the custom object you define.

I think this would be a good and (hopefully) gentle start to the Force.com platform.

Best,

Ram

bryan.revelant1.36697709739127bryan.revelant1.36697709739127

Do you have any suggestions for learning how to code the controllers and VF outside of the workbooks and modules?

ForcepowerForcepower

Bryan,

I'm a big advocate of learning by doing. Start small and goal oriented, meaning, with a small project.

Assuming no (or not much) background in VF and controllers, here's wher I'd start:

1. A VF page with no controller. This would be sort of the "Hello World" exercise that you do in most languages. Hardcode the verbiage into the VF.

2. Build a very simple controller that stores the value "Hello world" in a variable and then use the VF page to display it.

3. Read some input from the user such as a name and echo "Hello <name>"

4. Then you can build something to ask the user's city and bring back a bunch of facts about the city. Display it as a table.

Just some ideas. Hope it helps.

Best,

Ram

Wizno @ ConfigeroWizno @ Configero

There are a few excellent ways to learn that Salesforce provides

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Force.com_workbook

There are also a few books out there. It's definitely limited, but there is enough to help you learn and get started. 

david1daviddavid1david

Hello, friends.I am here to suggest you a very good website to help you for finding jobs. These web site is very help full for freshers. You can find full information about Job and its location and address. These web sites give you all details about jobs. There are many jobs in all fields with full information and details. for more details please click here[url=http://www.fresherjobs.tk]Fresher Job[/url]

Force.CloudForce.Cloud
For all ur queries , u can mail me force.cloud007@gmail.com. we teached many people from non-IT, non-Engg background to a solid salesforce expert.
For referenece Please mention that you got my id through this place.