function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
247Steve247Steve 

Reopening Case from Workflow trouble

I've seen similar posts, but no solutions.  Maybe our first steps will help somebody.

We are using Email2Case to create tickets - no problem there. We wanted to allow tickets to be reopened upon a customer email, so we created a custom field that is updated when an email is received via workflow.  Then we created another workflow rule that looks for this field update and if found, reopens the case.  This ALSO works.

However, for some reason, when support closes a case the first time, it seems to immediately reopen the case.  The second time closes it for real.  I'm putting in the workflow rule formula below, just in case anyone sees something I don't.

Does anyone know if the workflow actions done in a specific order?  There's no way to change the order - adding them inalways results in them being displayed the same way.  I thought maybe one of the triggered emails updated the field and retriggered the workflow rule, but I have no way of telling.

Any recommendations would be welcome!

Workflow Rule (Email_Update_Date__c is updated when an email is received for the case):

AND
(
OR(
ISPICKVAL(Status, "Closed - Confirmed"),
ISPICKVAL(Status, "Closed - Unconfirmed"),
ISPICKVAL(Status, "Closed - Duplicate"),
ISPICKVAL(Status, "Closed - Unresolved")
),
OR (
ISPICKVAL(Group__c,"CO_dna"),
ISPICKVAL(Group__c,"CO_dna2")
),
NOT(ISNULL(Email_Update_Date__c)),
Email_Update_Date__c <= Today()
)

The actions are as follow:

Email Alert    case re-opened (to customer)
Email Alert    Notify Support of Reopened Ticket
Field Update    ReOpen Case Status
Field Update    Clear Email Update Field