function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dshpadshpa 

Does workflow rule use updated field value?

Hi all,

I want to create time-dependent workflow rule to send email notification if a Lead is unread by owner within 2 days. I found that Lead object has field IsUnreadByOwner but it isn't accessible through formula editor. That's why I created custom field UnreadByOwner_Copy and trigger setting its value to IsUnreadByOwner. This value is used as criteria in workflow rule.

However, when Lead Owner is changed, trigger sets UnreadByOwner_Copy=true, and workflow rule evaluates, it takes the previous value of UnreadByOwner_Copy=false and does not run.

Does anybody know workaround for this issue?

Thanks!

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Dshpa the answer to the issue faced by you can be resolved if you modify your logic and use a flag which stores information about change of owner and have your evaluation rule so structured that it looks at UnreadByOwner_Copy and the ChangeOwnerFlag to fire the workflowrule. Once the workflowrule is fired when ChangeOwnerFlag is set , following action it can be unset.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.