function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
prad_p25prad_p25 

How can I create a roll up summary field ?

How can I create a roll up summary field on a formula field which I created from fields from multiple objects?

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

The basic requirement of creating a rollup summary field is that the object which has the "rollup summary" feild should be the parent/ master of the object whose field is being summarized- in other words objects linked by master-detail relationship can has summary field on master which summarizes a field of the child.

If you want a rollup to happen from different object then perhaps you better go for a trigger.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

prad_p25prad_p25

Hi,

I have already done all the relationship setup. well let ,me explain u in details and then see if we can resolve this.

I have an invoice object and and line item object , I also have another object called package. The relation between Invoice and line item and package and line item is already set to One to many.

I have a formula field called package amount in line item object which is like this (package price from package object multiply by quantity). Now I want this package amount to be rolled up in Invoice object. so i created a field called total package amount , but when I try to aggregate this field (package amount) it's not showing up in the field. I have also cross checked that if I create a field in line item object called "Package price" and do not try to access it from package object then there is no problem.

My relationship set up is fine becaz it is already working when I try to roll up with quantity field.

I am not sure if this is a bug or a problem from my side.

regards,

pradip