function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
IBeTheAdminIBeTheAdmin 

Date Field EQUALS Null

Folks.. I'm thinking my question is fairly basic.

I have a custom date field. I am trying to create a validation rule that won't allow end users to edit the record IF this particular date field has been filled in. If the field is NULL, then end users can continue to make edits.

Lastly, IF the field has been completed - there are two User Profiles that can continue to make edits. I think I'm close, but not quite there yet. Here's what I've come up with so far:

AND(
Uploaded_in_AIS__c <> null
,AND($Profile.Name <> "System Administrator",$Profile.Name <> "Manager")
)

Help is much appreciated! Thanks

IBeTheAdminIBeTheAdmin

Nothing better than discovering the answer yourself. Through a bit of trial and error here is what I have created:

AND(
IF(ISBLANK(Uploaded_in_AIS__c ),False,True)
,AND($Profile.Name <> "System Administrator",$Profile.Name <> "Manager")
)

MayeUPAEPMayeUPAEP

AND(ISBLANK(Uploaded_in_AIS__c ) = FALSE),
         OR($Profile.Name <> 'System Administrator',$Profile.Name <> 'Manager')

That means: "Your field is not null AND the profilename of the user isn't System Admin NEITHER Manager

so you'll get your error

IBeTheAdminIBeTheAdmin

Any idea on how to make cloning the opportunity an exception?

MayeUPAEPMayeUPAEP

I don't understand what you want to do.  Do you want to avoid clonning any opportunity??

Just hide your Button

IBeTheAdminIBeTheAdmin

I wanted to make sure the Cloning option was available to end users.

What I have determined is that the end user was able to clone the original record, but unable to save the new record within the edit screen because the new record had the 'Uploaded in AIS' field prepopulated. The end user simply has to delete the date stamp in that field within the edit screen, and then they are able to save the new record.

Thanks!