function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
prad_p25prad_p25 

How to change contact owner in the portal?

I am able to change the contact owner as a admin but when I logs into customer portal as a portal admin, I am able to create a contact but unbale to change the owner of the contact to another portal user. It is taking the ownerid as account ownerid by default. When I click on te change button it's showing insufficient preveledge. But when I check the profile I see contact has read, write and edit access to contact object as a portal admin.

Any help or anybody faced such issue.

Jason McCarthy 2Jason McCarthy 2
As an Internal User - System Administrator you have to change the profile settings for the portal user: if you go to Setup > Manage Users > Profiles > "Specific User Profile" > go to Object Settings > Contacts: Check the record types first as you stated you looked in the settings and it shows Read/Write/Edit. But most likely dictated by record types. You can assign the record types if needed and the read write edit features will work on the assigned record types. 

You should check the record type of the contact you are trying to change as well as the profile of the user you are trying to enable this functionailty for. 

Contact owner edit - enabled.

Enabled Record Types