function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EJWEJW 

Eclipse toolkit removing latin characters when compiling code?

I don't know if anyone else is running into this now but ever since I installed the Apex Toolkit 8.1.0.200710161138 Eclipse is replacing my latin characters with question marks when compiling Apex Code.  For example:

République des Îles Fidji

Becomes:

R?publique des ?les Fidji

After compiling the code (saving in Eclipse).

(Edited, retrieving from SFDC does not filter latin characters, just compiling.)

Message Edited by EJW on 11-07-2007 09:17 AM

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
WilmerWilmer
Hi, well finally I get a solution to this case.

What I did to prevent this situation was to establish the charset of Eclipse to UTF-8 and after that create the new Force.com project. This works well.

All Answers

WilmerWilmer

Hi EJW.

I´m having the same problem. I am working with Eclipse 3.2, JRE 1.6 And Windows Vista in Spanish. Did you get any answer or solved that situation?

Does anybody else have the answer? characters like áéíóú Ññ have been replaced by (?) question marks, everytime I synchronize or create a new Apex project.

Thanks,

Wilmer

EJWEJW
Unfortunately I didn't get an answer.  I ended up going back to the previous version of the toolkit from August and it fixed the issue.
WilmerWilmer
Hi, well finally I get a solution to this case.

What I did to prevent this situation was to establish the charset of Eclipse to UTF-8 and after that create the new Force.com project. This works well.
This was selected as the best answer