function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Scott FraserScott Fraser 

$Action.Activity merge fields not working in Force.com IDE for S-Controls

Does anyone know why the $Action.Activity merge fields generate an error message in the Force.com IDE when used in S-Controls?

I have the following line in one of my S-Controls:
this.location.href="{!URLFOR( $Action.Activity.LogCall)}&what_id="+oppid+"&00N60000001QCYa=Outbound Sales Call&retURL=/"+hhid

This works fine if you save it through the Salesforce.com S-Control window, but if you do a "Save to Server" from the Force.com IDE you get the following error:
Save error: Field $Action.Activity.LogCall does not exist. Check spelling.  

It appears that all of the $Action.Activity merge fields display this same behavior.  Other merge fields from the $Action.Account and $Action.Asset groups appear to work fine.

JonPJonP
We are looking into this issue.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Jon
JonPJonP
This issue should now be resolved.
Scott FraserScott Fraser
This issue has been resolved. Thanks!
csimon0240csimon0240
Jon,

I receive an error when I try to "Deploy to Server" into my Training sandbox.  It says "Field $Action.Quote_Competitor__c.Goto_Competitors does not exist.  Check spelling."  I have done this and I do have a Custom Button to do this.  I don't understand.  Please help.
JonPJonP
Are you deploying the .object file for the Quote_Competitor__c along with your s-control?  Or do this object and button already exist in the target environment?  Does it work if you copy-and-paste your s-control directly into the Training sandbox, or does it give you the same error there?

Thanks,
Jon
csimon0240csimon0240
Thank you for the response.

The target environment did not have these objects.  Yes, I was copying the s-control in addition to the object.

I have this situation for a given custom object: a URL custom List button, named myAdd, that contains the URLFOR function to call a custom Detail Button, named Call Add Competitor, which calls a custom s-control.

In short, I think problem lies with 1 custom button calling another custom button on the same object.

Is this something that someone has encountered before?