function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Atif MohammedAtif Mohammed 

Need Guidance in understanding the flow of deploying the org to client.

Need Guidance in understanding the flow of deploying the org to client. 

1).As i have developed my app in the Partnered Developer Edition and done managed package,passed security review process. 

2).Created an source org from the Partnered DE. 

3).Installed the managed package which is developed in the Partnered DE. 

4).As per the client requirements i have done some changes and added some functionalities which is not included in the package.(If i write the classes in this org does it will be visible to the client when i create the template). 

5).After that i have created an template. 

May i know what will be the next step to give the org to the client. 

Thanks, 

Bashir.

aalbertaalbert

The steps are detailed in the ISVForce Guide, Step 6 under the Trialforce section. Link here. You need to log a case in the partner portal and in return you'll get a sample HTML form that has information on how to invoke Trialforce to provision your trials. 

I would not put the client specific customizations in the Source Org as that should be a generic trial snapshot for ALL trials. Once your prospect provisions their own 30-day trial, you can deploy your customizations in their specific org for them to use. 

When i submit the trial template for security review process how much time does it take to pass the security review process.

Thanks,

Atif

DarrellDDarrellD

Most of it is spelled out in the ISV guide below.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/packagingGuide/index.htm

But I'm confused, you said you already passed Security Review with the app. You don't need to again, for another year, with same app. You don't need to submit the trial template for security review. That's just a customized org but the app should be the same.

Darrell

aalbertaalbert

If you are enabling Free Trials via the Appexchange, those templates do require another security review (free). It usually takes a few days. If it takes more than 5 business days, please log a case in the partner portal to get a status update. 

DarrellDDarrellD

I myself do have a question on the TrialForce HTML form. Is that the only way to provision these orgs? So I'm waiting for ours now but am trying to understand if there is any other way, while I'm waiting, to submit a TrialForce org to be provisioned?

I have passed the security review process for the trial org.Now can i go for writting unmanaged apex in the new trial org.If i maintain the code coverage of unmanged apex.Soo there will be no loss of unmanaged apex even after 30 days of trial ?

Can i know the price of sandbox?

Thanks,

Atif

aalbertaalbert

Once you provision a trial org from your template using trialforce, you can deploy the unmanaged apex code into that trial. But if and when the customer activates it (ie they pay you and you submit the Service Order via the Channel Order Application), the apex will be deactivated. You will need to redeploy the apex code with proper code coverage after activation. This is true only for your unmanaged apex. Your managed code will not be deactivated. 

From the Apex docs:

Apex triggers are available in the Trial Edition of Salesforce; however, they are disabled when you convert to any other edition. If your newly-signed-up organization includes Apex, you must deploy your code to your organization using one of the deployment methods.

Thanks alot  Aalbert guiding me out.

Scenerio :1).  As per your instructions when the client convert the trial org to the production org it deactivates the unmanaged apex  code.Is it mandotory to maintain sandbox for the safeside.

Scenerio :2).When it deactivate the unmanage apex,does it effect the data immediately.As for deploying again the unmanaged apex and the customizations to be done it will take nearly 5 hours,just want to know does it conflict the data.

Scenerio :3).If an client buys before the trial org expires and allow me to deploy the unmanaged apex and maintains code coverage greater than 75%.

please suggest me which is the best one to opt for.

Thanks,

Atif

aalbertaalbert

1. A sandbox is not mandatory, but a Developer Sandbox is included and I would say its a best practic to leverage it. But to deploy apex into a Production/Active org, you need to deploy from a Sandbox environment or a Developer Edition environment. For a customer, its easier and recommended to be a sanbox environment since they can be refreshed from a copy of Production. 

2. Deploying the apex into production, as long as you have test methods, should not take 5 hours. It has zero impact to the data of the org.

3. Not sure I understand scenario 3.