function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EJWEJW 

Summer '13 seems to have broken uploading patches for managed packages containing profiles.

I've opened a case on this issue, 09344729, but thought I would post it here as well.  Basically if your managed package contains a profile and you use patches, the patch org now sees those profiles as new components even when they are not and won't allow you to upload a new release.  This is a major problem for us as we need to put out a new release ASAP to switch to the new addError() call that prevents HTML escaping that can be forced on older packages with the related critical update released with Summer '13.

Thanks,

DarrellDDarrellD

Same thing happens with Flows...but that's been the case since the start. (i.e. sees each Flow as a new object even when zero changes were made to them.)

So we've always had to skip the patch process and make these changes as a push upgrade.

EJWEJW

Have you reported the issue to SFDC support?  We reported this one and it's scheduled to be fixed shortly.  It's on the known issues list here now: https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p30000000SxlVAAS 

Thanks,

DarrellDDarrellD

May try again. When first happened we reported to Support but they didn't put on Known Issues list. Tried to inquire why but didn't hear back. Will try again shortly if this is still occurring with Summer '13. We will check when get to the patch org.

Thanks,
Darrell