function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vanessa BarrosVanessa Barros 

Rich text area

Hi.

I have a doubt about rich text area.

Salesforce returns me an error in a formula when the result of this is a rich text area.

It's not supported or have a trick to do that?

cheers!

yudhvirmoryudhvirmor

Depends upon what your formula is calculating. If possible, please put formula there..

Vanessa BarrosVanessa Barros

the formula is if( Descricao_Servicos_alterada__c <> "",Descricao_Servicos_alterada__c, Descricao_Servico__c) which Descricao_Servicos_alterada__c is a rich text area field

Douglass YeagerDouglass Yeager

When I attempt to use a rich text area within a formula, even though both source and object fields are rich text it strips out all formatting. Is there a way to add what is in effect an apex output value escape="false" within a formula?

example:
* I have added two rich text fields to the quote object to display as two free form columns for reps to enter multi-option configurable features (without the overhead of high end CAD/CAM and ERP interfaces).
* I also added these fields to the product record. (used to store a template of the features)
* and I added a field to the opportunity that I call product_template as lookup to the product table.
* Workflow rule: for quote creation, set the quote rich text field = product text field
o as in field update formula = Opportunity.Product_Template__r.QuoteTemplate1__c
* of course, the workflow rule runs after the form displays and is saved, but it WORKs.
* only all formatting is stripped out.

bummer!