function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ElJefeElJefe 

Unable to roll up sum formula field from child object on master

Master: Project 
Child:
Time Sheet Line Item 
Time Sheet Line Item formula field
Total Line Amount (Total_Line_Hours__c * Project_Task_Billing_Rate__c) 

I am trying to create a Roll Up Summary field on
Project to SUM Total Line Amount field on Time Sheet Line Item, but Total Line Amount is not available in the drop-down (other formula field Total Line Hours is available). What am I doing wrong here?

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

Roll-up summary fields can calculate the values of formula fields if they do not contain cross-object field references or functions that automatically derive values on the fly, such as NOW  or TODAY.

Did this answer your question? if so, please mark it solved.

JulieBJulieB

Hi,

I've got the same problem.

I have a child object of 'account' called 'passenger' that has a date of birth and I calcuate their age by using TODAY.

I want to sum all these values together so I can define the average age of a passenger plus also pull the min and max ages to be shown on the account details page.

Is their a soloution to this?

Julie.

Steve :-/Steve :-/

Hi Julie, do the objects have a Master-Detail relationship, or just Parent Child?  RS Fields require a M-D, also you can't use Formula Fields in an RS Filter 

JulieBJulieB

Hi Steve,

Great quote!

Yes it has an M-D relationship but is a formula field...

Is there a work around or do I need a new band?

J.

Hi Juile, I may have a work-around for you.  Which edition of SFDC are you using?

are you all set  or do you still need help with this?

kfridaykfriday

This is my exact problem as well, I am trying to create a Sum of the line totals of the Opportunity Products. The Line Total for each product is a calculated field (Quantity *  Term_manual_entry__c *  Standard_Price__c). How do I create a SUM?

(Professional Edition) - Thanks.

Unfortunately in PE your options are kinda limited unless you pay extra to have WFR enabled.  Your best bet would probably be to create a Formula field on the Opportunity Product Object and then create a Summary Report and add a custom report link to the Opportunity Detail page.

You might also want to try creating a Formula(Currency) field on the Opportunity Product object that uses your formula.  Then create a Roll-Up Summary (RUS) field on the Opportunity Object that referencences the Opportunity Product object and returns the SUM  of your custom Formula field.

Darshan FulfagarDarshan Fulfagar
Roll-up summary fields can calculate the values of formula fields if they do not contain cross-object field references or functions that automatically derive values on the fly, such as NOW or TODAY.