function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sapsap 

Too many retries of batch save in the presence of Apex triggers with failures

Hi,

I have two bulk triggers on case object.

one trigger works on before insert and before update. This trigger updates on filed on case whenever account or owner of the case changes. Another trigger is used to throw a error message whenever a user tries to close a case with open activities.This works on before update.

1. For insert it is working fine.When I change the Account or Owner field,it updates.
2. When I change the Status  field to 'closed' and try updating ,it throws the following exception.

"Too many retries of batch save in the presence of Apex triggers with failures: when triggers are present partial save while loading Data requires that some subset of rows save without any errors in order to avoid inconsistent side effects from those triggers. Number of retries: 2"

Tried to change the logic to update  only those records which dont throw any errors. Still facing the same issue.

Is it a apex limitation?Can any one please suggest me any work around or any ways to handle this exception.

Any pointers will be of great help.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Swapna

raj161raj161

I am facing the same issue.

I am trying to insert attachments into SFDC using dataloader. Then I am facing this issue.

Could you let me know if you did got solution for this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Raj

Amruta MahaleAmruta Mahale

Hi,

I have encountered same error on while bulk updating records.

I got this error due to frequent failure of record processing during update operation.

For detail please follow the link : 

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_dml_bulk_exceptions.htm

Hope this will help someone.