function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
wpatterswpatters 

Troubles with Eclipse

Hello experts,

I'm trying to load a custom Apex Class I created in a sandbox into a production org.  I have downloaded Eclipse, and installed the Apex Eclipse Toolkit.  I was able to import all the apex stuff from my production org, but I can't export-- I am not seeing the force.com/deploy option for anything.  Is there another plug-in I must install?  Also, when I try to create a new 'package' (which I'm assuming are the classes), it says "unexpected token: package".  So I opened an existing package, copied the code I created in the sandbox, and did a 'save as' to save my file.  This all worked fine, but it won't let me run tests on it, or deploy it, or anything.  Please help!
svdsvd
Hi,

you can deploy your stuff to production using "Apache ant".
you have clear steps on deploying to production in the apex language reference book.
[Chapter 10: Deploying Apex Scripts] .

jrotensteinjrotenstein
Are you saying that you can't see the "Deply to Server" option, or is the option itself failing?

The option should be visible by right-clicking the src folder.

See this post on the forum.

If you are able to select the option but it doesn't work, what error or behavior are you experiencing?
wpatterswpatters
I think my main problem is that Eclipse isn't letting me install the salesforce plugin properly.  I thought it had been installed, but I found out that it doesn't run on the latest version of Eclipse... And now I've been downloading 3.3.2 and it is still having major problems, It just won't install the plugin properly...  Is this still the wrong version of Eclipse?
wpatterswpatters
It says "WST Common UI (2.0.2.v200802150100-7C5EH3E9RvTVnirrspVz0bmP7g8d) requires plug-in "org.eclipse.draw2d (3.2.0)", or compatible." at the top in red when I try to install the web standard tools plugin, and  "Force.com IDE (13.0.0.200806130415) requires plug-in "org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui"." when I try to install the Force.com plugin.
wpatterswpatters
Ok I just figured this out.  I wasn't installing all the required plugins, you just have to click the "Select Required" button on the plugin page.  Hope this helps someone