function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Matt42Matt42 

ResourceException: Resource '/ Exclude ' does not exist.

I hope someone here can help. i'm new to Eclipse and the APEX plugin i've been trying to get a project set up from an existing company. below is an error i'm getting that is preventing me from downlaoding / sync what's already there, and it is preventing me from getting to the salesforce.schema which i desperately need to get access to ResourceException: Resource '/(company)/InstalledPackages/AFQ31/S-Controls/Include / Exclude ' does not exist. i appreciate the time anyone spent to read this.
kpetersonkpeterson
Is the project (the installedpackage AFQ31) setup and working correctly in salesforce?
Matt42Matt42
i assume that it is set up and working correctly.
it isn't one of mine, the company had a third party developer put it up.

the problem appears to be one of their Scontrols named with a "/"

i don't know if that party is able or even willing to fix it.
and the company doesn't seem to think it's a big priority to have this resolved ASAP.

i could really care less about the other scontrols and packages the toolkit is trying to download, i just really need the schema, unfortunatly there doesn't seem to be a way to pick and choose what gets pulled into the project.
kpetersonkpeterson
If all you need is the schema for the Salesforce Instance then download the "Apex Explorer" which allows you to connect to the schema and run SOQL queries against it.

http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Tools
Matt42Matt42
unfortunatly the apex explorer has been even more problematic.
i can not get it to run at all on Vista (i know what was i thinking)
i have a laptop with XP but that runs if i ignore the window that pops up telling me an error has occured, i can use it for a little while but after about 5-10 minutes it will fail completely.
it seems that the schema browswer in eclipse is v9 of the same program and it works just fine on both machines with my ADN account.
i think they've given up on it as a stand alone program. besides there are other things i would like to start using with eclipse eventually.
Ron HessRon Hess
I believe it is the slash in the scontrol name which is causing the problem, can you edit the name of that scontrol to use an '_' or is this part of a managed package?