function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
apexsutherlandapexsutherland 

Schema Explorer missing on all projects in Apex Eclipse Toolkit

I just downloaded and installed Eclipse 3.3 and the Apex Eclipse Toolkit. I've connected several projects to different SFDC orgs, and none of them have the link to the schema explorer!?!?!?

Can anyone help me figure out how to get it to show up?
tschatztschatz

Window > Show View > Package explorer.

Double-click salesforce.schema under the S-Control folder.

_t
I'm running Apex Toolkit version 8.1.0.200710161138 in Eclipse 3.3.1.1, and that option is not in the "Show View" sub-menu. When I click the "Other" option in the "Show View" submenu, and I expand the "Apex" brand of the tree, the only options there are "Debug Log" and "Test Runner".
tschatztschatz

Same version I'm running.

Do you have the "Show View as a Fast View" button in the lower left corner? Looks like a browser window with a plus sign.

The Package Explorer option is there as well.

_t

Yes, I have that button, but no option for the Package Explorer...
tschatztschatz
What view are you in? Upper-right corner, are you in Team view, Java view, or something else? Switch to Java view if not and then see if you have that option.

Or look in the Navigator under Team view.

_t
Hmm, just added a project for another org, and the package explorer finally showed up in that project tree, but still no option in the "Show View" menu, and its still not showing up in my other projects.

Is there some permission in SFDC that would be blocking me from getting it in my project?
Ok, deleted and recreated my other projects, and now the appexchange.schema is showing up in the project trees. There must have been some hidden problem when I created them the first time around. All's well that ends well...