function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TehNrdTehNrd 

New Toolkit Issues, can't create project in sandboxes

So I was able to create a project in my personal developer account which is a production account, but I can not create any projects in our company's sandboxes.

If I try the SOAP endpoint (default) it says:

INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid user name or password or locked out.

I am using the same credentials as when I login through the web interface and I have added my IP range to the allowed list. Also tried adding the security token, no go.

If I try the endpoint https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/11.1:

Unable to finalize Force.com project creation. Double check your connection settings. You may adjust the settings and re-sync on the Force.com project properties page.

Reason: IllegalStateException: java.lang.IllegalStateException

I get the same error if I try the endpoint: https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/11.0

Message Edited by TehNrd on 01-07-2008 09:36 AM
TehNrdTehNrd
So I'm trying to play around with the security token even though I have never had to use it and my IP address is allowed.

In elipse there is a password field and security token field.

In the password field should I just enter my password or passwordSECURITYTOKEN.

Thanks.

[EDIT] It would appear you keep them seperate. I still get the Illegal error. I've installed two instances of Eclipse, one with the new toolkit and one with the old. Looks like I'll be using the old until I can get these issues ironed out.

Message Edited by TehNrd on 01-07-2008 10:21 AM
MarioKorfMarioKorf
You have it right, you should enter your password in the password field and your security token in security token field. When I was testing this pre-production, I was able to glom the two together in the password field (leave token empty) and it worked correctly.

Which version of Eclipse are you using?

TehNrdTehNrd
It seems I have been able to get past the login issue butI still encouther the Illegal error.

I have two setups:

Old one that works:
Eclipse Version: 3.3.0
Apex Toolkit for Eclipse 8.1.0.200710161138

New version that doesn't work: (well, it works in for my dev account but not our company's sandboxes)
Eclipse Version: 3.3.1.1
Force.com Toolkit for Eclipse 11.1.1.200712191842

and according to this: http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml
 I have Java 6 update 3.

Message Edited by TehNrd on 01-07-2008 11:18 AM
TehNrdTehNrd
So based on the error ( java.lang.IllegalStateException ) I thought maybe there were some issues with my installation of Java. So I re-installed java and I still get the same error. I've done all I know how to do.
MarioKorfMarioKorf
I created a production DE org and used the following endpoint:

https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/11.1

Can you try that?
TehNrdTehNrd
No can do.

I only have full access to our sandboxes. It's a sarbanes oxley requirement.

...actually I already did create a project in my DE account. See first post.

Message Edited by TehNrd on 01-07-2008 12:55 PM

Message Edited by TehNrd on 01-07-2008 01:03 PM
MarioKorfMarioKorf
Ah yes, your DE is working. I'll ask around and get back to you.
TehNrdTehNrd
Appreciate the help, thanks.
gmartingmartin
I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the new toolkit.

I think we'll need the Eclipse log to dig into this issue.  Could you please forward it to me via email, to gmartin@salesforce.com.  You should find the log in your workspace/.metadata/.log

Please also include your contact info in case I or someone else on the team has a quick question about your environment.

thanks

glen

TehNrdTehNrd
Thanks Glen, email has been sent.

It's probably some weird setting on my end, I'll continue to play around with it.

[edit] this is a little off topic but how do I go back to page 1 of this thread without going all that way back to the main board. I think I am blind as I don't see a page 1, 2, 3 links, etc

Message Edited by TehNrd on 01-07-2008 02:07 PM
MarioKorfMarioKorf
That's super annoying that the previous page is not linked, I'll log a ticket for that.

As for the other, more pressing issue, a change has already been checked in for the problem you're having. Basically we were failing to build the project when we detected an anomoly. This should be a warning but we treated it as a fatal error.
TehNrdTehNrd
That sounds great.

If it's not too complicated and wouldn't take longer than a minute to explain, what was the anomoly. Is it something I've set up weird on my end or in our sandboxes? You can PM a response if necessary.

p.s. Thanks for opening a ticket about the forums. Most forums I've used run with vBulletin so it has taken some time to adjust. The only other thing I see missing is the ability to quote previous posts. Other than that, the forums are a great resource.

EDIT: figured out the quoting thing. You have to click the reply button on the reply you want to quote and then when composing the message, hit the quote button for it to show up.

Message Edited by TehNrd on 01-08-2008 09:14 AM
MarioKorfMarioKorf
A metadata status code was not found in the toolkit's WSDL-gen'd StatusCode class. The status code field is there for asynch API CRUD requests, but not required for file-based processing (what you are doing).

We'll be updating the toolkit in a couple days. If you don't see an annoucement, feel free to nudge me.
TehNrdTehNrd
Oh, ya...of course...thats what I was thinking.   :smileywink:

HAHA, thanks for the explanation.