function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mba75mba75 

AxisFault: Error when I connect my sandbox to Eclipse

When I connect Eclipse 3.0 to our sandbox I get the following error message :

AxisFault: null: Duplicate retrieve names specified for package 'Mass Update Contact Address 1%2E0'

null: Duplicate retrieve

I have deleted the custom S control “Mass update Contact address” and I still get the same error message .

The salesforce Schema seems to be partially loaded I can only see one s-control

I get the same error when I connect my Production box.

Eclipse work correctly with my developer login.

any idea ?

knicholsknichols
Could someone at salesforce please take a look at this?  I'm getting the same error.

AxisFault: null: Duplicate retrieve names specified for package 'Adoption Dashboards 3%2E2'
null: Duplicate retrieve names specified for package 'Adoption Dashboards 3%2E2'

Using Eclipse 3.3.1.1
Force.com toolkit 11.1.1.200712191842
mba75mba75
What is your sandbox Soap Version ?
knicholsknichols
I use 11.1 as my endpoint.
HL-DevHL-Dev

I'm also getting a similar message but with a different package name. What I noticed is that we have 3 packages with the same names (which is the same as the one mentioned in my error message) under Setup - Exchange - Shared Apps. I can't say for sure, but I'd say that having a unique package name under this section should fix the issue.

kpetersonkpeterson
I am getting the same "Duplicate retrieve names" in the Force.com IDE for a package.  I checked if there were duplicate names and there are not.  Any other ideas?
mba75mba75
try to reinstall the Eclipse toolkit with that link.

http://www.adnsandbox.com/eclipsetoolkit/10.0/

kpetersonkpeterson
I tried accessing the link but it was broken.  I still had the Apex Toolkit installed though.  I tried creating an Apex Tookit project to access the sandbox and deploy the files.  I'm not able to edit any classes or triggers though using the old Apex Toolkit since I've installed the new Force.com IDE.  Also, every time I try to deploy through the Apex Toolkit I get "SalesforceConnectionException: SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out" errors.

I still can't get my Apex out.  Is there any response from Salesforce developers?

Message Edited by kpeterson on 02-22-2008 08:43 AM
TScottTScott
Hi all - I installed the new Force.com IDE plugin today and I'm getting this error in both a Sandbox and a Production org...but each complains about a different duplicate. I tried to "refresh with latest from server" for ONLY the Apex Classes in hopes that I wouldn't run into a duplicate problem, but I hit the same error complaining about a duplicate package.

When I try to synchronize with server, I receive the same error but it's reported as a "TeamException" rather than an AxisException.

I guess I'm going to have to reinstall the old version of Eclipse and install the old Apex Toolkit. I'll post the answer if I ever figure this out. -Tom
TScottTScott
Here's the full stack trace from the .metadata/.log file in case anyone from SFDC can help us out:

!ENTRY com.salesforce.toolkit 4 0 2008-02-22 14:28:31.526
!MESSAGE ERROR [14:28:31] (ProjectCreateOperation.java:execute:117) - Unable to fetch components from Salesforce.

!STACK 0
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at com.salesforce.toolkit.ui.wizards.project.ProjectCreateOperation$1.execute(ProjectCreateOperation.java:186)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation$1.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:101)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1797)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:113)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:369)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:313)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:495)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.run(ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.java:268)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressManager.run(ProgressManager.java:1123)
at com.salesforce.toolkit.ui.wizards.project.ProjectCreateOperation.fetchRemoteComponents(ProjectCreateOperation.java:201)
at com.salesforce.toolkit.ui.wizards.project.ProjectCreateOperation.execute(ProjectCreateOperation.java:99)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation$1.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:101)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:113)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:369)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.run(WizardDialog.java:934)
at com.salesforce.toolkit.ui.wizards.project.ProjectCreateOperation.create(ProjectCreateOperation.java:66)
at com.salesforce.toolkit.ui.wizards.project.ProjectCreateWizard.createProject(ProjectCreateWizard.java:93)
at com.salesforce.toolkit.ui.wizards.project.ProjectCreateWizard.performFinish(ProjectCreateWizard.java:73)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:742)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:373)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:616)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:227)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:938)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3682)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3293)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:820)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:796)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.actions.NewWizardShortcutAction.run(NewWizardShortcutAction.java:135)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:498)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:546)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:490)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:402)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2389)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2353)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2219)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$4.run(Workbench.java:466)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:289)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:461)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:106)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:169)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:106)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:76)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:363)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:176)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:508)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:447)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1173)
Caused by: com.salesforce.toolkit.remote.ToolkitConnectionException: null: Duplicate retrieve names specified for package 'NewCustomerImplementation'
at com.salesforce.toolkit.utils.ToolkitExceptionUtils.handleException(ToolkitExceptionUtils.java:27)
at com.salesforce.toolkit.services.PackageRetrieveService.retrieveWork(PackageRetrieveService.java:634)
at com.salesforce.toolkit.services.PackageRetrieveService.retrieveAll(PackageRetrieveService.java:82)
at com.salesforce.toolkit.ui.wizards.project.ProjectController.fetchComponents(ProjectController.java:321)
at com.salesforce.toolkit.ui.wizards.project.ProjectCreateOperation$1.execute(ProjectCreateOperation.java:180)
... 58 more
Caused by: null: Duplicate retrieve names specified for package 'NewCustomerImplementation'
at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:260)
at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:169)
at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.endElement(DeserializationContextImpl.java:1015)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(DeserializationContextImpl.java:242)
at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:538)
at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:804)
at com.salesforce.toolkit.internal.remote.MetadataDebuggingInfoHandler.handleResponse(MetadataDebuggingInfoHandler.java:43)
at org.apache.axis.handlers.HandlerChainImpl.handleResponse(HandlerChainImpl.java:153)
at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invokeJAXRPCHandlers(AxisClient.java:268)
at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:188)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2564)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2553)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2248)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2171)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1691)
at com.sforce.soap._2006._04.metadata.MetadataBindingStub.retrieve(MetadataBindingStub.java:855)
at com.salesforce.toolkit.services.PackageRetrieveService.retrieveWork(PackageRetrieveService.java:623)
... 61 more
Root exception:
com.salesforce.toolkit.remote.ToolkitConnectionException: null: Duplicate retrieve names specified for package 'NewCustomerImplementation'
at com.salesforce.toolkit.utils.ToolkitExceptionUtils.handleException(ToolkitExceptionUtils.java:27)
at com.salesforce.toolkit.services.PackageRetrieveService.retrieveWork(PackageRetrieveService.java:634)
at com.salesforce.toolkit.services.PackageRetrieveService.retrieveAll(PackageRetrieveService.java:82)
at com.salesforce.toolkit.ui.wizards.project.ProjectController.fetchComponents(ProjectController.java:321)
at com.salesforce.toolkit.ui.wizards.project.ProjectCreateOperation$1.execute(ProjectCreateOperation.java:180)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:495)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.run(ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.java:268)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressManager.run(ProgressManager.java:1123)
at com.salesforce.toolkit.ui.wizards.project.ProjectCreateOperation.fetchRemoteComponents(ProjectCreateOperation.java:201)
at com.salesforce.toolkit.ui.wizards.project.ProjectCreateOperation.execute(ProjectCreateOperation.java:99)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.run(WizardDialog.java:934)
at com.salesforce.toolkit.ui.wizards.project.ProjectCreateOperation.create(ProjectCreateOperation.java:66)
at com.salesforce.toolkit.ui.wizards.project.ProjectCreateWizard.createProject(ProjectCreateWizard.java:93)
at com.salesforce.toolkit.ui.wizards.project.ProjectCreateWizard.performFinish(ProjectCreateWizard.java:73)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:742)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:373)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:616)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:227)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:820)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:796)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.actions.NewWizardShortcutAction.run(NewWizardShortcutAction.java:135)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:498)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:546)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:490)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:402)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2389)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2353)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2219)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$4.run(Workbench.java:466)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:289)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:461)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:106)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:169)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:106)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:76)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:363)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:176)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:508)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:447)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1173)
Caused by: null: Duplicate retrieve names specified for package 'NewCustomerImplementation'
at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:260)
at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:169)
at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.endElement(DeserializationContextImpl.java:1015)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(DeserializationContextImpl.java:242)
at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:538)
at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:804)
at com.salesforce.toolkit.internal.remote.MetadataDebuggingInfoHandler.handleResponse(MetadataDebuggingInfoHandler.java:43)
at org.apache.axis.handlers.HandlerChainImpl.handleResponse(HandlerChainImpl.java:153)
at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invokeJAXRPCHandlers(AxisClient.java:268)
at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:188)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2564)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2553)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2248)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2171)
at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1691)
at com.sforce.soap._2006._04.metadata.MetadataBindingStub.retrieve(MetadataBindingStub.java:855)
at com.salesforce.toolkit.services.PackageRetrieveService.retrieveWork(PackageRetrieveService.java:623)
... 61 more

Thanks.
-Tom Scott
Appirio
mba75mba75
I have the same issue than you. Each time I want to save a appex code or runa test I get "SalesforceConnectionException: SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out".

I gess that issue is link to my proxy server. Even if my proxy server is configure correctly

I finally deploy using ANT where I can declare my proxy manually .

I will be happy to use eclipse.

Ron HessRon Hess
Thanks for the detail, it turns out that we currently don't allow duplicate package names, and you must look for the offending packages in two places to resolve this.

look under
Setup | App Setup | Create | Packages

AND

look under
Setup | App Setup | View Installed Packages

you can resolve this by renaming packages under create, or uninstalling packages that have been installed.

we will work on addressing this issue in the Force.com IDE, however this is not a quick fix.
TScottTScott
We had previously checked the installed packages, but not the packages that we had created in this org (Setup | App Setup | Create | Packages). We renamed a package there and now it's working. Thanks for the help Ron!!

-Tom Scott
Appirio
tinman44tinman44
I am getting this same error. The package "Mass Update Anything" package is not installed. There is nothing in my org with this name. I am lost.

Any help from SFDC?

Thanks!