function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
heiriticheiritic 

schedule the apex code

Hi everyone, I have another question.

Is it possible to set the time or schedule the apex code to run every day? I have a scheme which update one field in object Account for example. But to update that field, I don't need user interaction, but simply schedule the apex code to run every day to update that field. Is it possible to do that? I had tried the workflow, but it still need user interaction. Is it true? any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanx
abhi_developerabhi_developer

Hi heiritic,

use time triggers with field update task in the work flow rule, with next execution as " 'n' hours after lastmodified"

i think it should work.

do reply if it works.

-Abhishek Singh

Gary_HGary_H
Have done this and it works - however, I think the processing limits for triggers apply, which are much lower than anonymous block or web service.
heiriticheiritic

Yes, I have done this and it works fine. But Is it possible do the apex code without triggering anything, I mean without update task. Because I need to update more than 1 records, let say about more than 2000 records. It will be troublesome to trigger 2000 records. Maybe salesforce has any engine to schedule the apex code? or is there any solutions about this matter?

edwin

RichTaskerRichTasker

Heiretic, were you able to find a way to run a task on a schedule without it being based off of a trigger?  I'm looking to make a call to a webservice to look for updates queued up in an external system on a timed basis.

Thanks

Rich

Message Edited by RichTasker on 04-10-2008 10:16 AM