function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
maybemedicmaybemedic 

Custom Object Creation Exception from Eclipse IDE

Hello All,
               I am very new to Salesforce.com. I started following the Apex getting started book. I tried creating a custom object from Eclipse 3.3.2. I get the following exception, "Unknown exception Unable to create custom object 'Objectname__c'" and the following exception code 1167122361-115. Has anyone faced this issue?. In one of the posting I read that we should be using Eclipse 3.2.2. I would like to know if this is the issue before actually spending time on installing an earlier version of Eclipse. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

DevAngelDevAngel
Hi maybemedic,

Strange error. I use eclipse almost exclusively for everything related to Force.com development, with the exception of object creation. 3.3.2 is supported and is what I use. It's not that onerous to create the object in the Builder (setup) part of the web app. Also, because of the various requirements for various field types, it turns out it is easier to field creation in the Builder as well. As I am a huge fan of the IDE, I wish it were not this way, but it is.

Cheers