function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TehNrdTehNrd 

ETA for new Summer08 Eclipse toolkit?, current toolkit breaks

Can anyone supply an ETA for the new Force.com IDE that integrates with Eclipse.

It appears the current version does not work with Summer08 and the new 13.0 API.

This is the error:

Message Edited by TehNrd on 05-18-2008 08:47 AM
TehNrdTehNrd
It would appear my current projects in Eclipse are okay and I can save changes but I cannot create any new projects.

Message Edited by TehNrd on 05-19-2008 09:09 AM
Ron HessRon Hess
can you use the 12.0 endpoint until the new Eclipse is posted?
TehNrdTehNrd
Well, using the 12.0 endpoint is what gives this message. The toolkit won't let you enter anything above 12.0

Message Edited by TehNrd on 05-19-2008 09:30 AM
Bill EidsonBill Eidson
  There are currently some issues with the Sandbox, which you are seeing, and should be resolved soon.
The current version of Eclipse should work throughout the Summer08 roll-out.  The Summer08 version of Eclipse will be released shortly after the roll-out is complete.

Thanks for your patience,

- Bill

TehNrdTehNrd
Sounds good. Thanks for the update.

-Jason
TehNrdTehNrd
Just FYI, deploy code from one Summer08 sandbox to another is giving errors:

Unable to generate deployment plan against destination organization:

EDIT: This issue appears to be resolved.

Reason:

Code:
ServiceException: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occured. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1659699455-2844 (UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION)
UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occured. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1659699455-2844 (UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION)
  org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread (ModalContext.java 369)
  org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run (ModalContext.java 313)
  org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run (ProgressMonitorDialog.java 495)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.run (ProgressMonitorJobsDialog.java 268)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.progress.ProgressManager.run (ProgressManager.java 1123)
  com.salesforce.toolkit.ui.wizards.deploy.DeploymentPlanPage.performDestinationComparison (DeploymentPlanPage.java 103)
  com.salesforce.toolkit.ui.wizards.deploy.DeploymentPlanPage.loadDeploymentView (DeploymentPlanPage.java 79)
  com.salesforce.toolkit.ui.wizards.deploy.DeploymentPlanPage.setVisible (DeploymentPlanPage.java 65)
  org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.updateForPage (WizardDialog.java 1161)
  org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.access$2 (WizardDialog.java 1139)
  org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog$4.run (WizardDialog.java 1128)
  org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile (BusyIndicator.java 67)
  org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.showPage (WizardDialog.java 1126)
  org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.nextPressed (WizardDialog.java 820)
  org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed (WizardDialog.java 369)
  org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected (Dialog.java 618)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent (TypedListener.java 227)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent (EventTable.java 66)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent (Widget.java 938)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents (Display.java 3682)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch (Display.java 3293)
  org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop (Window.java 820)
  org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open (Window.java 796)
  com.salesforce.toolkit.actions.DeploymentAction.execute (DeploymentAction.java 45)
  com.salesforce.toolkit.actions.BaseAction.run (BaseAction.java 147)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent (PluginAction.java 256)
  org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection (ActionContributionItem.java 546)
  org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2 (ActionContributionItem.java 490)
  org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent (ActionContributionItem.java 402)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent (EventTable.java 66)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent (Widget.java 938)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents (Display.java 3682)
  org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch (Display.java 3293)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop (Workbench.java 2389)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI (Workbench.java 2353)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4 (Workbench.java 2219)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$4.run (Workbench.java 466)
  org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault (Realm.java 289)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench (Workbench.java 461)
  org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench (PlatformUI.java 149)
  org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start (IDEApplication.java 106)
  org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run (EclipseAppHandle.java 169)
  org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication (EclipseAppLauncher.java 106)
  org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start (EclipseAppLauncher.java 76)
  org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run (EclipseStarter.java 363)
  org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run (EclipseStarter.java 176)
  sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0 (null -2)
  sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (null -1)
  sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (null -1)
  java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (null -1)
  org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework (Main.java 508)
  org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun (Main.java 447)
  org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run (Main.java 1173)

Message Edited by TehNrd on 05-22-2008 05:27 PM
GarethKnightGarethKnight
Still wondering when this new toolkit is going to be released, I see the comment in here that it should be released soon, but it's been a few days and still no joy with the current toolkit and Sumer08
TehNrdTehNrd
I don't think the new toolkit will be release until Summer08 is release into production.

Yet in sandboxes Summer 08 with Visualforce pages has been release but to enable them in Eclipse you need to rebuild a new project but it errors out when you try to do this.

-Jason

Message Edited by TehNrd on 05-22-2008 05:27 PM
BGrimesBGrimes
We're not able to use an endpoint to our Sandbox above 11.1.  Do we have to do something special to even try to hi 12.0?

Bryan
Bill EidsonBill Eidson
  The issues on Sandbox with respect to the Eclipse should be resolved as of now.  You should continue using the same version of Eclipse (with the same endpoints) until the Summer'08 roll-out is complete (at which point an updated version of Eclipse will be released to take advantage of new server features).

Thanks for your patience,

- Bill

TehNrdTehNrd
I am still receiving this error when trying to build a new project on a summer08 sandbox using the latest toolkit. I am using the test 12.0 endpoint:

Message Edited by TehNrd on 05-22-2008 09:50 PM
Nick.ax106Nick.ax106
There was a patch that was deployed last night that has resolved this issue for me.

Nick
BGrimesBGrimes
Is there a place to download it?  I wish there was actual communication from Salesforce when patvches and new versions are released.  We are spammed all the time with the platform releases, but never the odds and ends apps like the Outlook Connect or even the Eclipse plug in.

Ugh....

Thanks for the heads up though.  I'll see if I can get it from the Eclipse menu.
SuperfellSuperfell
As Bill indicated earlier in the thread, this was a server side patch, not a patch to the eclipse plug-in.