function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TheSFDeveloperTheSFDeveloper 

FORCE.COM Plug-in For Eclipse

Hi All,

I am using Force.com eclipse plug-in to deploy a new trigger on my SalesForce production account.

Deployment works great if trigger is made for standard objects (Lead, Account, etc...)

But When I am making a new trigger on my custom objects, I am getting an error message from Eclipse Plug-in saying that "INVALID SOBJECT TYPE"

Does it mean that we can not deployed / create a trigger on custom objects?

Please suggest.

Thank you,
Vishal

micwamicwa
Normally you should be able to deploy trigger also for custom objects.
Are you sure that the custom object also exists on the production environment and that it's spelled excactly the way as in your sandbox?
Yes. We have verified that the custom object is exists on the Production environment.

JonPJonP
The Force.com IDE requires you have "Modify All Data" permissions on any organization you create a project or deploy against.  The error you are seeing is most likely caused by trying to deploy without sufficient permissions.
jrotensteinjrotenstein
Could you please show us how you are defining your trigger? Do you have the "__c" suffix on the object name?
Hi All,

I have got the solution. While debugging I have noticed that the object on which I am trying to set the trigger is not marked as "Deployed" and due to which the Force.com IDE was throwing an error message saying that "Invalid Object".

Now I have marked that custom object as "Deployed" into SalesForce production environment and its working fine now.

Thanks to all for your help and support.
Vishal