function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
FreemanAdminFreemanAdmin 

Pipeline Reporting

I don't know if this is possible or not....

I would like to be able to run a Pipeline Report for our FY07.  For those months that have passed, I would like to pull the amount in our "Total Revenue (act)" field (this populates from our accounting system.  If the opportunity is for a future month, I would like to pull the data from the Estimated Revenue field.

I took a shot at creating a field, but I have no idea what I'm doing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Scott JorgensenScott Jorgensen
Hi FreemanAdmin,

You might be able to make your life simple by creating a formula field like this and using it in your report: 

Field Label                  summary
Field Name                  summary
Data Type                    Formula
Formula Return Type   Currency
Decimal Places            2
Length                         16
Description                   If the Close Date is this month or a prior month then return the value in our custom
                                    Currency Field. If the Close Date is in a future month then return the Expected Revenue.
Formula                       IF( {!CloseDate} < IF(MONTH(TODAY()) = 12 , DATE(YEAR(TODAY())+1 ,1 ,1 ) , DATE(YEAR(TODAY()), MONTH(TODAY())+1, 1 ) ) , {!Amount} , {!ExpectedRevenue} )

-Scott
S&PCRMCherylS&PCRMCheryl
Hello,

You could also create an auto field update using workflows and put the criteria that any opportunity that is closed won, goes into the total revenue, and anything thats open goes into estimated.

Also, SFDC has something built into the opportunity history called expected revenue, you could probably use that too. 

I hope this helps.

Cheryl