function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ben at KometBen at Komet 

AMOUNT of all OPPORTUNITIES connected to one ACCOUNT

I want to create a field that adds up the amount of all the opportunities that are connected to one account.

For example if we have a company called Komet. Then we have 3 opportunities connected to Komet. Let's sat they are called "Komet Opport 1", "Komet Opport 2" and "Komet Opport 3". How do I make a report that only shows the added amount per Account.

This is basically what I want to see in the report:
Account 1 - "amount of all opportunities belonging to the account"
Account 2 - "amount of all opportunities belonging to the account"
Account 3 - "amount of all opportunities belonging to the account"
Account 4 - "amount of all opportunities belonging to the account"

I DO NOT want to see the amounts of the individual opportunities at all in the report. This would prevent me from filtering Accounts on the basis of the amount because if one opportunity is worth $2 and another is worth $10 I wouldn't see these at all if the filter says "Amount=more than:10". But I want to see the Accounts that have opportunities that together are worth more than $10.

I need this because we need to do know how "big" our clients are. We will base this on the amount field and another custom field.
On each account we want to have a field that indicates if they are within group "SMALL CLIENTS, "MEDIUM CLIENTS or "BIG CLIENTS".

Can the above things be automated? Any ideas?
TerryDolanTerryDolan

I'm actually looking to do the exact same thing, except with the number of quality conversations within an account.  It would have to total the number of "Quality Conversations" in the subject fields of tasks associated with each account.

Any help on these would be greatly appreciated.

TCAdminTCAdmin

Ben & Terry,

What you are looking for is a summary field that will pull information from a related list.  Currently this isn't possible with the standard features of SF.  What you will need is a sControl that can look at the records and summarize the values.  You might be able to find more help with this by going to the http://community.salesforce.com/sforce?category.id=developers site.  That site deals with the programming side of the system.  There may also be someone there that could be hired to create such a feature for you.

Chris.

protoguyprotoguy
Hi Ben - I saw this post under the idea exchange and thought it would be an interesting test for us as we mess around with SF.com integrations. I built something that's very close to what you asked for, happy to help you integrate it and use it. Doing a mass update to accounts based on the then calculated "small, medium, big" should be possible as well, though I haven't tried it. Feel free to email me or call if you'd like to discuss.

I posted the app on Proto's web site: http://www.protosw.com/mods/app/view/309

hope this helps,
Byron