function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
l-ennyl-enny 

Hoe can I measure a response time to customer?

Hello,

How can I create a formula which will indicate the time it took my employees to answer a case.

I have the "status" field and actually I want to measure the time between the case is opened and time the status field value was changed from "new" to any other value.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks
EricBEricB
This is pretty easy to do with workflow field updates (Enterprise & Unlimited Edition).

1. Create a custom datetime field to store the date/time at which the status was changed from New to something else.
2. Create a workflow field update action that sets your custom datetime field to the current date/time using the formula function NOW()
3. Create a workflow rule that invokes the field update action whenever the status field changes from New to another value.
4. Create a formula field that subtracts the case create datetime from your custom datetime field.  (The result will be in days, unless you convert it to a different unit of measure.)

Good luck,
Eric

l-ennyl-enny
Thank you for your suggestion but workflow can't help me since it's professional.

Do you have any idea that will work with PE?

Thanks!
kimkim
What about creating a workflow rule that triggers the the field update when a status changes from any status to another one.
Don't think that is possible unless you create x workflow rules that cover all the possible changes in the case status matrix.

Kim
Fire DragonFire Dragon
Hi, I'm new to the community boards.

I've got the same problem - I'm trying to measure average time to close a case, but I'm not managing to produce anything useful in Custom Reports.

I'm using Professional Edition so don't have workflow rules.  Anyone managed to do this already with Professional?

Thanks
Michael