function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
skapplerskappler 

Reporting on a hidden formula field?

I have PE.  Can I create a custom formula field, not add it to a page layout and still report on it?

Or, alternately, can I use the reporting tool to create an IF,THEN statement that compares the values within two fields? 

Basically looking for: If(OwnerID=LastModifiedBy),show my results,don't display

Thanks!
Sara
TCAdminTCAdmin
skappler,

You can create a formula which is not on the page layout and report on that field.  As long as the user has visibility permission then they will be allowed to see it.  If they don't have visibility of the field then they are unable to use it in a report.
skapplerskappler
Thanks, Chris!  That is exactly what I need to do.

Is there a doc telling me how to set it up, or do I just need to create my field and uncheck the add to page layout box before saving?  I've tried this in the past but then I'm not given the option to use the field as a filter in the reports area.

I really appreciate your help.
Sara
TCAdminTCAdmin

Skappler,

I just verified and as long as the field is visible to the user they can use it as a filter.  You can create the field and leave all the values as default until the Add to Page Layout step.  There you will want to remove the checkboxes.  This should do what you are looking for.