function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
FunkieFunkie 

ISNULL and multi-select

I created both a multi-select picklist and a formula field to pull values from the multi-select picklist. 

My formula is: IF(ISNULL( Software_Version__C),  0 ,  Software_Version__C)

However, I get an error saying: "Error" Software_Version__c is a multi-select picklist field.  Multi-select picklist fields are only supported in certain functions" with a link to the functions which show:

Multi-select picklist fields can only be used in the following functions:

• INCLUDES
  • ISBLANK
  • ISNULL
  • ISCHANGED (Only in assignment rules, validation rules, workflow field updates, and workflow rules in which the trigger type is set to Every time a record is created or edited)
  • PRIORVALUE (Only in assignment rules, validation rules, workflow field updates, and workflow rules in which the trigger type is set to Every time a record is created or edited)

Any suggestions???

SporterSporter

You're trying to return the multi-picklist (from what I can see) as the result in what I can only assume is a text formula data type which won't allow it, you will need a nested if statement for the else result that runs through each value in the multi-picklist and lists it out as a text value.

The above is a bit complicated to do however, if I recall this on Tuesday when I am back I will have a go at a sample of it otherwise if one of the other Dev Board guys can answer, fire away.

Dev_PeteDev_Pete

I too could use your sample if you get a chance.

Thanks!

SporterSporter

Just as an example: (Validation rule usage)

IF(INCLUDES( MultiPickListField__c, 'ValueA'),1,0) + IF(INCLUDES( MultiPickListField__c, 'ValueB'),1,0) + IF(INCLUDES( MultiPickListField__c, 'ValueA'),1,0) + ....

You could replace the 1 or 0 with each picklist value and have an if for each value thus outputting each value into a formula field/field update etc.

Dev_PeteDev_Pete

I'll give it a try.  thanks